Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ultimate Reset - Day 6

I will put this out there, I am not a savory breakfast girl.  I like things sweet!  So when I saw what was on the schedule for today's breakfast, I said nooooo way!  I am sure that it would be fine, just not for me!

The original breakfast was supposed to be whole grain toast (fine), a sliver of avocado (ok), half a cup of steamed spinach or kale (pushing my boundary) and baked tempeh (gagh!!!).  But the beauty of this eating plan is that if you don't like something, you can substitute out what you don't like for a meal that you do in the same week.  So, instead we had a repeat of a bowl of fruit and a piece of toast with nut butter on it.  Yummy & so much better than tempeh in the morning!

For lunch we had (you guessed it!) another microgreen salad.  Don't get me wrong, I love salads but I am feeling a bit like a bunny!  Hoping I don't turn into a head of lettuce by the end of the Reset. :)

Now that I was back to work it was easier for me to drink the quantity of water that I needed to drink, and evidently I was not doing so hot at home!  I ended up drinking a gallon of water during my 9 hours at work!  Feeling much better this morning!

I resisted a huge temptation too this morning.  Walked into the office and there it sits.....a cookie!  My weakness is anything cookie or cake-like!  Normally I would just wolf that puppy down without a blink, but I am on the Reset and cookies aren't in the program.  Dang It!!!!  So after some convincing, I got one of my coworkers to eat the darn thing so it would no longer be a temptation!  Thankfully, I am the only female in the office, so it really wasn't a challenge to get one of the guys to eat the cookie....

Dinner was so yummy!  We had the roasted root medley which has oven roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, beets and onions.  It was divine.  I saw on the Facebook support group that people have been using the coconut oil instead of the olive oil; amazing tip!  It added a hint of coconut flavor and brought out the sweetness of the veggies!  Also on the menu was zucchini-cashew soup.  Sounds bizarre but it is totally delicious!  The grain that went with the meal was millet.  I have never had this before; it has a crunchy texture and tastes nutty.  It was ok, but I like the quinoa better.


After dinner and making more soup for lunch on day 7, the hubby & I went for a walk around Dawes Arboretum with our black lab Emma.  One thing that I am beginning to notice is that the Reset is allowing my senses to become heightened.  Walking through Dawes, I was amazed at how beautiful the pine trees smelled on this walk.  Another awesome benefit to the Ultimate Reset!

Until Next Time!

Blessings,
Erin :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that Zucchini Cashew soup! YUMMY!!!! I need to make that again! And I noticed THE SAME THING: i could smell and taste so much better during and after the reset! Isn't it just an amazing experience? :)

    ReplyDelete